Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Milestone (Part 2)

Last night marked the conclusion to my 30th birthday celebration. Part 2's celebration was more sophisticated than Part 1's, taking place at Elmo Restaurant in the Chelsea section of NYC. I rented out the room downstairs, ordered a party tray, and hired a DJ. This was my first year planning any type of party at all, let alone my own party. So it was all a new experience for me, and I was a little anxious and nervous cause I wanted my guests to be comfortable and everything to turn out right.

I planned on arriving at the venue around 8PM (the time I said the party would start). I didn't wanna be one of those hosts that showed up after their guests did. But I ended up getting there about 8:40 (still haven't gotten used to driving to some parts of Manhattan yet lol). But it really didn't matter, cause when I got there, nobody was there anyway. *Sigh* Black people always have be so damn fashionably late lol. About 20 minutes later, my first guest arrives...X. I asked him at the last minute to buy a nice strawberry shortcake, and dude came through. Not only did he have the cake, but he had the candles with the number 30. (Thanks X! Much appreciated!) My second guest Jason arrived about a half hour later. Most of the people didn't get there til 10, and I did my duties as a host and mingled with all of them. I was relieved as I saw everybody talking, laughing, eating, drinking, dancing and just plain having a good time. People really seemed to have liked the restaurant. It did give off a nice aura, so I was proud of myself for picking it. Did I have some drinks? Hell yeah! It's my party! LOL But I promised myself that I would not have a rerun of last week's encounter, so I stuck with Malibu and orange the whole night. (No prayin to the porcelain god this time lol.) I was proud of myself for keeping my own word. Around midnight, the cake was served and the party was starting to wind down. A little more dancing and conversing ensued, and the party was officially over at 1AM. (I later learned that some of my guests snuck upstairs to get pics with the Danity Kane chicks and a pic of Will from Day 26. How dare yall lol.)

After that, my boys Dee and Jason and myself went on over to the Secret Lounge, where we unexpectedly struck up a decent conversation with 2 older white dudes as we waited on line in the cold to get inside. They seemed real cool, but one of em was a little too damn touchy feely and a bit too inquisitive. Leave it to my boy Dee to read him quite well, so I just let them carry on. When we finally got inside, it was crowded as I expected. We made our way to the bar and pretty much stayed there the whole time. (Another Malibu and orange ordered for me, paid for by Dee.) Jason met up with 2 people he knew, while Dee and I just shot the breeze. Eventually, touchy feely white dude spotted us again, so he came over to us. (Yet one more Malibu and orange ordered, paid for by Touchy Feely.) At this point, I was getting pretty tired, so I stepped away from the bar and leaned against the wall while Dee and Touchy Feely conversed. We finally ended up leaving at 4, when it closed.

And this concludes my 30th birthday extravaganza. I just want to thank everybody for helping me celebrate (everybody knows who they are; no need to name all the names). Your presence made it the best birthday I've ever had. Thanks for the love and support!

Shawn and Dee, you're up next. Let's see what yall come up with lol.



6 comments:

Jay said...

Happy birthday again

Promiscuous X said...

Aww no problem JB...Glad you had a good time...I know how dare shawn an them take those pics without us especially you being the birthday boy lol. Just know for my birthday..Im going all out and a hole lot of dick swinging lol so bring ya singles lucky number 22. Yessir

ShawnQt said...

I have your photos, should we add more of your drunken antics? lol.

Look out for the Breakfast Brunch!

fuzzy said...

lol I dare to think what dee and shawn's birthday will bring...

life said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! You were so happy you celebrated twice. hhhmm...I need to think about using your method

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

My born day was spent at home as usual. No fanfair necessary.

~Damnit!