Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Independence!

After years of saying how much I was going to/wanted to move out to a spot of my own, on Saturday, April 5th it finally came to fruition. I moved from Somerset to Bayonne. (I'm still kickin myself for doing this at the age of 30, but oh well. Everything happens for a reason.) I chose Bayonne cause it's a pretty nice neighborhood, yet close enough to my job in Jersey City that I can walk to the light rail station. Plus, I save time and money from taking the regular NJ Transit train (one of the worst train systems ever!). Now my commute has been reduced from 50 minutes to 25 minutes. Alriiiiiiiight! And for all those that already live on their own, they know what I'm talkin about when I say how free and independent it feels to come home to a place that's allllllll yours, just the way YOU left it, without hearin nobody's fuckin mouth! You can come and go as you please, have whoever come through, and walk around au natural whenever. (If my walls could talk about that, they would tell you all about that one lol.) But seriously, I felt like by staying at home, I was stifling myself as a man from reaching my full potential, and now I feel like my potential is pretty much limitless now. For so long, I worried about whether I had the economic means or even the determination to live alone. The economic means happened this year (thank God for bonuses!), which in turn triggered my determination. I'm sure my aunt and uncle miss having me there taking care of little things around the house, and I'm sure they miss my portion of the mortgage money too! God has finally blessed with this opportunity, and I jumped at the chance. I'll most likely have a housewarming party, since everybody keeps asking me. Now I just to work on having my special company come over lol. And to all my friends...NO PARTIES at my house. We'll save those for Shawn's spot, cause his spot is the designated location for our kinda parties lol.

I got a steady job, a car, and now my own apartment. My shit is set now! Go head me!

9 comments:

Andre J. Allen II said...

congrats on your independence. I know you will be truly happy in your own shit. kudos and much success

Jay said...

Aww congrats man and I'm waiting on my formal invite over

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jersey Brotha said...

Now Jay, you know you don't need no damn formal invite over. You're always welcome (unless a cutie is butt naked in my bed lol).

Promiscuous X said...

Lol....why can't we designate your house as the new spot lol....I think We should have a stripper for ur house warming party lol....Yea we gotta breathe sum life into your spot lol an kno I'm not strippn lol...like I said b4 congrats an I'm still waitn on my invite and I don't give a dam if ya spot not fully furnish...shit ill bring a fold up chair to sit in. Its 330am an I need to take my ass back to sleep

ponoono said...

so you don't wasnt stains on the rugs right?

Omar Ramon said...

*applause*

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Great! Now if you could just stop sleeping on my fuck'n couch and take your ass the 3 blocks home from my crib after going out we'll be cool! LMAO. Congrats (bout fuk'n time!)

~Damnit!